Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fafofu
New Contributor

Web filtering stops working. Why?

I install "FortiClient" without a server. Install on a laptop. The laptop is connected to the Internet via "WiFi". I tried two different laptops. Installed "Windows 10 build 1903". After installation, sites are blocked. But if you restart the laptop then filtering is turned off. The forticlient service is started, and the protection status is enabled.

I tried to install "FortiClient" v5.6, v6.

Why?

PS. There is a workstation connected over a local network and there protection does not fail. :( Whyyyyyy 

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Are you using the FortiClient for connecting to a VPN? 

Is split DNS/tunneling used on the laptop?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Fafofu

I use only web filtering.

I tried to reproduce the error on two old laptops, one installed Windows 7, the other Windwos 10 build 1903, and there were no problems with the program. While the problem arises on two new laptops with AMD processors ...

Fafofu
New Contributor

I checked everything I could. No software can interfere with forticlient operation. On windows 10 build 1909, on problem laptops, the problem persists. I did the diagnosis. I attach the link.

Diagnostic

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors