Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Niyas
New Contributor

how to apply diffrent traffic shaping policy same group or user

Hello 

I have  2 mb internet i created a traffic shaping rule applied manger maximum 1 mb and supervisor  1 mb maximum.

Supervisor all application and websites are allowed, i want restrict him if he download from p2p sites it shouldn't go more than 64 kbps, but this shouldn't affect his youtube or other general internet websites.

Could yo please help how to apply this rule in fortinet

please find attached more info

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I having done this myself but in a shaping-policy, you can specify app-category and P2P is at the top of the list ID:2 at least with 6.0. Then you need to select the 64kbps shaper you created.

fgxxxx (root) # config firewall shaping-policy

fgxxxx (shaping-policy) # edit 0 new entry '0' added fgxxxx (0) # set app-category ? ID           Select Category ID 2            P2P 3            VoIP 5            Video/Audio 6            Proxy 7            Remote.Access 8            Game 12           General.Interest 15           Network.Service 17           Update 21           Email 22           Storage.Backup 23           Social.Media 25           Web.Client 26           Industrial 28           Collaboration 29           Business 30           Cloud.IT 31           Mobile

Niyas
New Contributor

Hello

i have created traffic shaping policy and applied its working. My issue is i want restrict this by user profile. Now i applied to all. instead of all i want to apply by user group, while i am selecting user group it says that "entry not found"

Please find the attached screen shot for more info. Please note that i have created  users  in address group policy by mac address. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you using 6.2's MAC address-based policies? Then it might not be supported by shaping-policy yet. I haven't tried that yet, so ask somebody else who already experienced. Or just open a ticket at TAC, that might be the quickest and  surely most accurate.

Niyas

hi 

Thanks a lot your support 

Yes i am using 6.2, OK will open TAC

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors