Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
forti_andy
New Contributor

FortiWeb on AWS and UserData/Cloud-Init

Hey everyone,

I'm putting together a proof of concept with a FortiWeb device hosted on AWS (I could dig out the AMI id if needed) but it's the latest marketplace edition (FortiWeb-AWS_OnDemand 6.32,build1062(GA),200325)

So my question is around how to bootstrap the device through userdata/cloud-init. I've RTM and hosted the file on S3 and placed the json config file in the user data and I'm all good. This does work. However, with the FortiGate I use (FortiGate VM64-AWSONDEMAND v6.0.6 build0272 (GA) - Yeah I know it's old) I can put the config straight in the userdata and not need the S3 bucket. I like this approach more...

Is there any way of baking the bootstrap config straight into userdata? I've tried a few ways and just can't get it to work.

Thanks!

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
BobC
New Contributor

Hi there, did you make any progress with this? I agree it looks like a better way to go, I heard one of my colleagues say he went to an FG workshop and that was what they did too.

Thanks,

Bob

forti_andy

No, I ended up using the S3 route. Waisted too much time with it in the end.

Yeah the FG works well in the way I want. Just sad the FW needs the extra 'faf' round the edges to work.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors