Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bsongstad
New Contributor

IPSEC VPN Can't browse internet through tunnel

I have a Windows Native L2TP/IPsec VPN set up Using the built-in template and users are able to log in and access multiple subnets inside the firewall.  Users can access the internet via their own ISP with split tunneling and/or static routes on their home windows machines.  The problem I have is that I need some users to access the internet THROUGH the tunnel so they can connect to internet resources from the company IP address.  However, if I have a route on the client machine directing traffic to that resource through the VPN tunnel, it never reaches the internet.  However, routes to internal subnets work fine.  I just can't get out to the internet.

Does anyone have any ideas on why I can't get out? 

My theory is that since the Inbound interface is the same as the required Outbound interface, there isn't an appropriate policy.  I do have the default policy that the wizard created that I would think would do the trick.  (see attached image)

Thanks for any help anyone can give,

Bill

3 REPLIES 3
bsongstad
New Contributor

I think my own post pointed me in the right direction.  I checked the existing policy and noticed that NATting was disabled.  Enabling NAT on the rule allowed the traffic to flow.

SabrineSoltani
New Contributor

I have the same problem did you find any solution please !

bsongstad

I checked the existing policy and noticed that NATting was disabled.  Enabling NAT on the rule allowed the traffic to flow.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors