Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jshields
New Contributor

FortiAuthenticator Trial + FortiToken Mobile Trial Possible?

I'm attempting to try out FortiAuthenticator + FortiToken Mobile at the same time.  I have a trial VM of FA running, but when I attempt to execute the "Get FortiToken Mobile free trial tokens", i get an error message: "FortiAuthenticator VM license not found"...

Has anyone else had any luck? I don't want to have to buy FA in order to test our an end-to-end solution...

Thanks!!!

**UPDATE**: If you come across this, for FAZ 6.x, you'll need to have an evaluation license of FAZ installed on the device in order for the trial tokens to be generated/available.

2 Solutions
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

thanks for pointing this out. Not sure if it's intended design change, checking, but it looks like 5.5.0 does contain demo tokens straight away, 6.0.3 does not but you are able to get two, and 6.1.0 throws that same error in my lab.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

View solution in original post

xsilver_FTNT

Yes, eval or any license is supposed to do the trick.

In more details : 

It appeared that FAC needs to have any, even Eval, license to be able to contact licensing servers to be able to obtain license for 2 demo tokens. It seems to be result of internal product security improvements.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

thanks for pointing this out. Not sure if it's intended design change, checking, but it looks like 5.5.0 does contain demo tokens straight away, 6.0.3 does not but you are able to get two, and 6.1.0 throws that same error in my lab.

jshields

I appreciate you checking on those scenarios!

Checking now to see if a formal evaluation license will solve it...

jshields

Sure enough, installing a formal evaluation license did the trick!

xsilver_FTNT

Yes, eval or any license is supposed to do the trick.

In more details : 

It appeared that FAC needs to have any, even Eval, license to be able to contact licensing servers to be able to obtain license for 2 demo tokens. It seems to be result of internal product security improvements.

jshields

Now that makes perfect sense, @xsilver! Thank you!

gnaa
New Contributor

Hi guys 

I have the same problem. How did you get the Evaluation License for FortiAuth?

In my case i downloaded the VM from the support site and as far as i know the VM already have the evaluation license built-in and doesn't require any activation.

Thanks

keenhon
New Contributor

I am having the same problem now with v6.2.1. How do you get the Evaluation License for FortiAuth?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors