Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nateblaum
New Contributor

Fortitoken Mobile Serial Number Associations

So I've created a ticket with Fortinet, and I don't think the tech understood what I was asking so I'll try to explain my question here to see if anyone else has this same problem. I've got one Fortigate that was setup for my company's IPSEC VPN tunnel, and we have roughly 170 Fortitoken Mobile licenses that have been input using multiple license packs as we've built up to 170 over time (several packs of 20 licenses, and one pack of 50). 

For the sake of this example, let's say that I have the following. 

Pack 1 - 20

Pack 2 - 20

Pack 3 - 50

Pack 4 - 20

Pack 5 - 20

Pack 6 - 20

Well we've run into a problem with our internet pipe where we have reached the maximum number of sessions allowed on the circuit, and we need to offload some of the users to a different firewall/internet pipe. Easy enough right? 

When I contacted Fortinet, they wanted to know which license file I wanted to transfer, but my question for them was that I wanted to know which token serial numbers were associated with which license file so I could determine which license file I wanted to move. My fear is that I have individual serial numbers already associated with user accounts on ALL of my license packs, but if I could easily identify which serial number was associated with which pack, then I could determine the least disruptive license pack to move. For instance I don't want to say to move pack 2 and find out that there's 16 assigned tokens from that group, and have to reconfigure all of those users when Pack 5 has 2 tokens assigned, or worse yet come to find out that Pack 6 has no tokens assigned. 

Does this make sense to anyone else? Am I just asking the wrong question? Has anyone else run into this problem or know of a way to solve this problem? 

1 REPLY 1
bchander
New Contributor

Hi Nateblaum,

Were you able to figure out your issue with fortitoken serial numbers and their batches. I am currently in the same situation.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors