Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
qualxarnu
New Contributor

Fortigate 30E - VLAN interface with PPPoE

Hello All, I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong thread. It's my first post. I'm wondering if on the Firewall Fortigate 30E it's possible to configure VLAN interface and under this VLAN interface a PPPoE connection. Can anyone provide such information? Regards Michal

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

That's exactly what I do with FG50E at home to terminate CenturyLink fiber directly from NIU outisde. FG30E should be able to do the same on WAN interface.

Just create a VLAN subinterface on WAN, then set VLAN ID you need to set, and then choose pppoe as mode with user/pass.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

I can confirm that this is working fine. Doing that on a VDSL line with German Telekom, VLAN ID 7. You can even reduce the MTU to less than 1500 bytes.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
qualxarnu

Thank you for confirmation!

jordancueay

Hello I am configuring my fortigate to allow remote users to be connected to my network checking their MAC addresses.

I amconfiguring the 

config mac-addr-check-rule

edit "rule1"         set mac-addr-list 01:01:01:01:01:01 08:00:27:d4:06:5d         set mac-addr-mask 48

I would like to know what does the 48 mean on the last command. Is it like a wildcard? meaning the whole 48 bits of the mac will be checked and then based on that check the access will be allowed to that specific device?

Thanks.

Jorge C.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors