Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nsh
New Contributor

No firmware available from FortiGuard

Hello,

I've a problem updating the firmware of a Fortigate 500E cluster with a quite basic setup:

- 2 VDOM: root and VDOM-MGMT (for management only)

- internet access for the mgmt interface via another firewall (temp. all ports) has been checked (lots of traffic from the mgmt IP on port 8888)

- DNS is working

- Current version FortiOS v6.0.4 build0231 (GA)

- License valid till 2022

If I try to update the firmware I got the message "No firmware available from FortiGuard". It seems there is no access to the update server...

I've a second cluster with almost the same setup and I was able to update it.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Fortinet officially recommends against using the mgmt interface for routed traffic. One workaround might be to use a standard port to route out.

BTW, update notice in FOS is not that reliable. If I decide it's time to update I download the image(s) beforehand, read the Release Notes and update locally from a notebook. Or at least, I upload the firmware image file from my PC.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
nsh
New Contributor

Thanks a lot for your reply. I also disabled "dedicated management port" but that didn't work either. I'll download the firmware and do it manually as you recommended.

Again thanks a lot!

Regards

NSH

ede_pfau

Please follow the recommended upgrade path (on support.fortinet.com) and read the Release Notes. There are numerous posts here about severe problems after upgrading blindly/on good faith.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Swordfish

This resolved the issue for me.  I was on FOS 6.2.3.  The 1st 3 commands returned with :fail.  I ran the: # config system central-management     set allow-remote-firmware-upgrade enable

Afterwords the firmware upgrade populated pretty much straight away. 

I hope this helps others: https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD51166

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors