Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Potato
New Contributor III

We hate the FortiCloud Key

Hi all,

Anyone suffers the same issue -  CS tells me there is the Label on the Firewall or the Firewall Box for the Key.

But Actually no key was in the Box of the Label.

The Label just tells you how to login to the Firewall 192.168.1.99. No any key is on the left bottom side of the Label!

Without that Key, I can not register my Fortigate and activate the UTM contract.

I wonder why we have to enter the F key for the registration!?

Sometime, also, the Firewall might be mounted by the client already so unable to see the label for the key.

Then we have to take lots of photos and prove lots of proof to TAC Ticket and ask for the damn KEY. Wait for a few day for the ticket response.

Finally, CS provides us the key back to us. - OMG.

Well, What the hell with the key for! 

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Simple: to reassure physical ownership and knowledge of the key. It's usually on a sticker on the case (not on the packet or the box). But I've had (FAP) units being delivered without label. One call to CS and within an hour or so they generated a new key from the serial number.

How did I prove my rightful ownership? Blue eyes only...

Yes, it's more work and costs time. But, as a dealer, I'm paid by the hour. And I can see why a company would guard their resources against fraud.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
VN_Joe
New Contributor

100%.  They actually said they aren't putting them on the devices for 'Security Reasons'  Now, to register the device, it consumes 1-2 hours of going back and forth with CS.  This has to end.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors