Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Micky182
New Contributor

Web filtering is not working as expected

Hi, i've already exempted the url hsselite.com from webfiltering as in the attachment image.

i've tried with both regular expression with "api.hsselite.com" and wit wildcard "*hsselite.com", but i'm recieving this alert email from fortigate:

Message meets Alert condition

date=2020-04-01 time=14:53:40 devname=FW-Elettra devid=FGT60Fxxxxxx logid="0316013056" type="utm" subtype="webfilter" eventtype="ftgd_blk" level="warning" vd="root" eventtime=1585745620 policyid=1 sessionid=3637846 user="user01" authserver="fortigate-sso-agent" srcip=10.0.0.x srcport=52341 srcintf="internal1" srcintfrole="lan" dstip=52.9.81.184 dstport=443 dstintf="wan1" dstintfrole="wan" proto=6 service="HTTPS" hostname="api.hsselite.com" profile="Elettra_webfilter" action="blocked" reqtype="direct" url="/1/plain/config/payment_popup" sentbyte=1547 rcvdbyte=3784 direction="outgoing" msg="URL belongs to a denied category in policy" method="domain" cat=59 catdesc="Proxy Avoidance" crscore=40 crlevel="high" 

Now i don't really know if i've setup a wrong config.

Please is everyone that can support and tell me why fortigate is blocking this website?

Thank you very much for support.

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You put the URLs in a wrong place. You need to enable "URL Filter" then put those URLs in there. Not at "Content Filter", which looks inside of the page.

Micky182

WTF!! i put urls in the wrong table XD!

Thank you very much!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors