Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
suthomas1
New Contributor

DNS resolution

Hello,

Fortigate vpn given to one of our support partners have been identified as having issues.

Support partners remotely assist our team for our application environment, but when they want to access their own 

company emails they are unable to as the dns fails.

What is the solution to this problem & how to implement it?

Appreciate all help, thank you.

Suthomas
Suthomas
2 Solutions
reseaux
New Contributor II

Hello,

In SSL VPN Portals there is a DNS Split Tunneling, it should work like the routing one and help you for your issue I think ^^

View solution in original post

reseaux
New Contributor II

You can specify the domains for which you want an other DNS, you can include their DNS here with their domain name I think.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
reseaux
New Contributor II

Hello,

In SSL VPN Portals there is a DNS Split Tunneling, it should work like the routing one and help you for your issue I think ^^

suthomas1

Thanks, so does it mean one of the dns in split-dns will be our own internal dns server ip?

While the other dns, can i leave it blank as the support contractors dns may not be known at all times.

Suthomas
Suthomas
reseaux
New Contributor II

You can specify the domains for which you want an other DNS, you can include their DNS here with their domain name I think.

suthomas1

Thanks, but there are multiple support contractors involved.

We can't add multiple individual external domains in there for all contractors, can we?

Is there a way to just specify our internal dns so they can access our systems when connected to our vpn and still be able to access their other applications/emails within their/external domain?

Suthomas
Suthomas
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors