Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Georges_Orwell
New Contributor

How to navigate with same account on multiple browser tab

Hi all,

I need to manage Fortigate 100 E with FortiOS 5.6.12 and I try to connect using my account and switching between many tab of my browser and multi-screen.

But I can't because i'm logged of from de previous tab when I  logon on other tab.

Is thre workaround to allow me switching with multitab?

Thank you for your help

1 Solution
ede_pfau

This setting is global, so not VDOM-specific (enter "config global" first to enter the global context).

With "config sys global" you open the global settings.

"show full" would display ALL settings, even those which are identical to the default, "show" will only display settings deviating from the default.

The setting "set admin-concurrent enable" will only affect this setting, there are no dependencies.

If you ever wish to set it to "disable", think of the consequences first. The FGT will kick you out if you have logged in more than once, in all instances (!).

But luckily, you do want to set it to "enable", so this cannot do any harm.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is a global setting by which you can disable concurrent admin access:

config system global

set admin-concurrent enable

end

After you've set this you should be fine.

Usually when working with multiple windows towards one FGT, I copy the tab in which I've already authenticated. No re-login necessary.

Further reading about the meaning of "concurrent" (userID vs. IP): https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=143393

Ede

Georges_Orwell

Thank you Ede,

Can you confirm me that if I run this command under CLI this will not erase some other setting in "config system global" ?

I'm not freindly with CLI, I don't want replace other params.

Also I forget to ask: in use case with multi vdom , on which vdom should I run the command ?

Thank you very much.

ede_pfau

This setting is global, so not VDOM-specific (enter "config global" first to enter the global context).

With "config sys global" you open the global settings.

"show full" would display ALL settings, even those which are identical to the default, "show" will only display settings deviating from the default.

The setting "set admin-concurrent enable" will only affect this setting, there are no dependencies.

If you ever wish to set it to "disable", think of the consequences first. The FGT will kick you out if you have logged in more than once, in all instances (!).

But luckily, you do want to set it to "enable", so this cannot do any harm.

Ede

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors