Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sas
New Contributor

Fortigate 60E, IPSec VPN

Hello.

I have Fortigate 60E. Question about VPN, when license is expired. How I understand, in free FortiClient license - I can use 10 connections.

I have only 6 ipsec vpn users who can connect and use it. But, when I install FortiClient VPN for another User, create a new ipsec connection - it does not work, error that I must check password, username, preshared key - all that parameters are 100% correct.

I tried to use passwords/pre shared key without special symbols, reduced the number of characters in passwords. But, it did not help.

Where is the problem? How to solve this problem?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Sas
New Contributor

I have found the bug! Now, available 200 VPN connections.

ede_pfau

The limit of 10 FClients you mentioned applies only to "managed" FortiClients. The free FC is unmanaged, the number of clients which can connect is only limited by the FGT hardware, esp. memory and CPU. This is not a question of licensing.

Management depends on the FortiOS you use on the FGT/VPN gateway. In FOS 6.2, client management is shifted from the FGT to a dedicated product, the FortiClient EMS (available as a Windows VM). If the FortiOS used is old enough, you could possibly manage (remotely configure, survey) your endpoints; up to 10 are included in FortiOS.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors