Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
userzer0
New Contributor II

Add Software Switch to Zone?

I'm trying to add a software switch to a zone, but i can't seem to do it. The software switch exists, has an IP, and has two physical interfaces assigned to it.

When i go into the Zone config in the GUI though, the software switch doesn't show up. It also doesn't show up in the zone config in the CLI either. I can however add the switch called qtn.root.

Are there any caveats to adding a software switch to a zone?

Does it matter if i have an underscore in the software switch's name?

(Using a FortiWiFi 61E running 6.2.1)

TIA

1 Solution
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Are there *any* references to the switch already?  Perhaps a policy for traffic from the switch to the Internet, or an address object, anything...

That is most likely the issue, and fortunately you should be able to see the references from the interface page in the GUI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Are there *any* references to the switch already?  Perhaps a policy for traffic from the switch to the Internet, or an address object, anything...

That is most likely the issue, and fortunately you should be able to see the references from the interface page in the GUI.

userzer0
New Contributor II

@lobstercreed - that was the problem. Ended up having an address object in the switch subnet assigned to the switch instead of to the zone.

Up and running now.

Thanks!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors