Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
atomicweight
New Contributor

Fortigate 70D

Hi all,

Question,

I've got a Fortigate 70D running on my network.  The other day I changed the addressing to DHCP (it was set on manual as seen in the image).  I then clicked on save and the cursor spun and spun for several minutes.  I am now not able to access the internal interface as once before on 192.168.100.1 

In essence, I'm locked out - any idea on the best way to get back into the Fortinet?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

ps. was able to view the attached image with paint.

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

The Addressing mode of an interface is how the interface gets an IP with mask. When you changed it to DHCP (client), the interface started looking for a DHCP server on the network to provide an IP to it. Do you have a DHCP server on the network? You probably wanted to set up DHCP server, right under the restrict access on the screen to let the FGT provide IP to devices connected to the interface. Then you needed to leave the addressing mode "manual" to keep 192.168.100.1/24.

If you don't have any other interface w/ an IP and allowed HTTPS/HTTP/ssh/telnet, only way to recover is to use console port to get in and change the setting back to "set mode static" on the interface in CLI. At that time you probably need to enter the original IP:192.168.100.1/24 as well with "set ip 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0".

Alexis_G
Contributor II

you still have console access.

config system interface

edit internal1

set mode static

set ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0

set allow access http https ping ssh

end

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
atomicweight

Thanks all for the help.  Here's what I did.  Reset the box to factory settings with a paperclip, etc...  

Connected port 1 of the fortinet to the LAN side of a router that also had internet access.  I was then able to see the router in a browser on 192.168.99.1  I popped in and reloaded a saved config I had and that got things back up and running.  =)

Thanks again,

Bryan

atomicweight

Oops, that was supposed to read 192.168.1.99

-=Atomicweight=-

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors