Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
waterboy1602
New Contributor

Forward interfaces directly to ISP modem

I'm from Belgium and I'm a client of Telenet. Here does the digirecorder need a direct IP from the ISP itself. This is done by directly connecting the digirecorder with the ISP Modem. 

This isn't possible, because the modem has only one port. I use that port to directly connect to my Fortigate firewall. So my question is: is it possible to connect my digirecorder to an interface port of the Fortigate firewall and let it still directly connect with the ISP Modem?

2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I don't think this is possible.

What you could do is make a policy for your recorder and enable dnat (i.e. use ip of destination interface) via the port you modem is connected. Then traffic from your recorder will go into the internet with the external ip of your modem.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
localhost

Sure.

You'll have to create a virtual or hardware switch (depending on the hardware) on your fortigate. And connect the Internet and your Recorder to this 'virtual switch'.

Than both your fortigate and your recorder are connected to your modem.

This would probably mean some decent amount of work to reconfigure everything on your Fortigate. Getting an additional 5-port switch might be an easier option

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors