Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lanman777
New Contributor

Replacing a Sophos XG firewall with a Fortinet Fortigate firewall

We are replacing a Sophos XG firewall with a Fortinet Fortigate firewall.

Are there any good documents on how to match up settings between the two firewalls?

Specifically, I am looking for the correct location in the Fortigate to transition my Sophos XG firewall Web URL Groups and Categories.

3 REPLIES 3
tioeudes
Contributor

I do not remember now if the FortiConverter works with sophos, but even if it does, you'll need to buy the FortiConverter.

But as far as the Web URL Groups and Categories, you set it up on the WebFilter profiles on the Fortigate.

https://help.fortinet.com...0Filter%20Profiles.htm

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

If it's a handful of policies & vpns  do it by hand

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

You can try the FortiConverter, which supports converting from Sophos XG, though you may need to pay a full license for an unlocked version - it does provide a read only output by default.  If this is a one-time conversion you may need to decide whether the price of the license is worth it.  And of course you may still need to tweak the settings afterwards.   If we are taking about a handful to 1-2 dozen firewall addresses/groups/utm options/rules then you may want to just build the fgt config from scratch.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors