Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LUKE_LUCAS
New Contributor

How to config FORTIGATE 60E with RV340

Hi Everyone,

any suggestions about my concern,

we bought fortigate 60e recently

our existing network has rv340, it handles vlan routing with sg200-w6 cisco switch.

my objective is to add the 60e to the network for adding security like wf,av and sd-wan

anyone can teach me how to config these topology.

please see the attached file for the plan.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
ShawnZA
Contributor II

I would personally add another vlan on the RV and create /30 network between the RV and fortigate. Then just setup all rules etc for internet access and point the default gateway of the RV to the LAN IP of the Fortigate...

lobstercreed

Do you not need any security between VLANs?  I'd just take the RV out of the network altogether and make the FortiGate your router.  Gives you a lot better security and visibility into what's on your network.  You can do it on a trunk or you could separate each VLAN out into different interfaces (set as untagged on your switch) on the firewall.  Of course you'll need to break apart the internal switch on the FortiGate into individual interfaces too, but any/all of that is well worth it IMO.

And yeah you can't have the same subnet on both sides of a router anyway, so with your topology if VLAN 10 has the same address space as you were planning to have the FortiGate in, it won't work.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors