Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Elitlogik
New Contributor

FortiLink down

I accidentally connected the Internal hardware switch interface cable from a FGT-30E to a FortiSwitch console port, FortiLinked downstream by another FGT-61E. Data is passing fine through the switch, even a connected FortiAP shows online. However, the FortiLink is now down and the switch is shown as not connected in FortiGate GUI, and hence I cannot configure it. Switch does also show “upgrade available” even though I run latest 6.2.3. I’ve power off/on, disconnected uplink on the Switch. I’ve unauthorized/authorized through FortiGate GUI. I’ve restarted FortiGate. All with same result. Data is passing fine, Switch is not connected in GUI. Since I don’t have equipment for Connecting to Console, what can I do to reset the Switch and try to bring up FortiLink again? Thank you very much for your support!
1 REPLY 1
Elitlogik
New Contributor

Problem solved. I didn’t have NTP server enabled and listening on FortiLink interface. After enabling that, FortiLink is up again. I think the switch got fooled by the 30E I connected.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors