Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Luke_FGT
New Contributor

Fortigate Explicit Proxy

Hello everyone,

I've a doubt about the Explicit Proxy feature, I hope someone can help me with this.

I've configured 2 FGT in HA and then installed the FSSO in Agent (standard mode) on both the Domain Controllers in the infrastructure.

Then, I configured the FSSO Agent via GUI in the Security Fabric Menu adding both the two Domain Controllers, synched the AD Groups and then configured the IPv4 Policy adding the FSSO AD group permitted and enabling the Web Filtering option so I can block unpermitted web sites category.

In this way all the not authenticated users (non AD users) are redirected to the Fortigate portal where the can type the temporary credentials.

So, my questions are:

- do I need to enable the explicit proxy?

- which are the advantages I can get by enabling it?

- I do not need to chenge the user's browser setting in the way I did and I think I can manage everything but...If the explicit proxy exists there will be a reason. Please, can you help to understand it? I'm reading the Fortigate KB but I can't catch the sense.

Thanks in advance

Luke

1 Solution
kubimike
New Contributor III

Is there a reason you want to use Explicit over Transparent ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
isamt
Contributor

Search the forum. Believe these questions covered by members in previous posts.

Example: https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=151025

Luke_FGT
New Contributor

Hello isamt,

thanks for your reply.

Luke

kubimike
New Contributor III

Is there a reason you want to use Explicit over Transparent ?

Luke_FGT

Hello Kubimike,

I'm sorry for the delay of my reply.

The reason is that I can't understand the defference between the method I used and the explicit proxy (if there are some advantagees or not).

Then, I've seen that the transparent proxy is another solution but I'd like to clearly understand the difference between the explicut proxy.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors