Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
james_cayz
New Contributor

Export "large" IPv4 Policy to excel from Fortimanager?

Hello All;

tl:dr

I have a simple question - how can I export a 4K line policy from Fortimanger 6.08 to Excel?  Note: the drop-down when right-clicking the IPv4 policy in the nav panel doesn't result in anything when policy count is "high".  It works when policy count is 150, and 850, but 3000+ - it doesn't even pop up the initial "Exporting to Excel" screen.

Now, here's an odd twist - it seemingly works if the client is on a Mac, running Safari. However, Linux users (Firefox) and Windows Users (MS Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) - nothing.

Any ideas?

(Beyond getting a Mac and running Safari...)

------

Longer version - we need the full policy as well as all of the timestamps and other variables - hit count,  last use, first use, created, last changed.  Those are not available on the firewall itself, so it seems.  The fortimanager export includes all of those values, and those are used for culling unused policies from our firewall on a periodic basis.

1 REPLY 1
james_cayz
New Contributor

I've copied this message to the Fortimanager forum, which is much more appropriate for this question.

Sorry.  I can't seem to remove this post.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors