Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rCubed
New Contributor

Strange issue with lan to lan communication

Hello all

So I have a Fortigate 60E that is linked to a Fortiswitch 108POE and a FAP221E in bridge mode as a network setup.

I recently picked up a small synology NAS (DS212J) connected it to the switch and powered it on. In FortiOS i see it has grabbed an IP address and in the CLI I can ping it no problem. I went to my laptop to set it up and nothing. the app to setup the synology (synology assistant) shows nothing and says can't find any servers. I tried ping from my laptop and i get nack Destination Host Unreachable. I have tried everything suggested and still can't get this working.

I also tried connecting my laptop directly to the switch and still the same thing.

On a side note I am unable to ping anything hard wired to the switch from my laptop connected over wifi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Is the SSID binded to the same interface as the LAN connection (e.g. soft switch) or a separate subnet?  If separate the next question would be do you have any firewall policy polices allowing traffic between the two?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
rCubed

The SSID is in the same subnet as the lan.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors