Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alexander_Mueller
New Contributor

Upgrade from 200E to 300E

Hi,

at the moment we are using the Fortigate 200E and now we will upgrade to the 300E.

It's possible and simply to save the hole config from the 200E and import the config to the new or will there be problems.

Best Regards and Thank you

Alex

5 REPLIES 5
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

The only way you can get close to that level of happiness is if the ports are named exactly the same and there are the same number of them. I don't know the units myself, so I cannot speak to that.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Just copy and replace  ports depending on what your using and then you might be able to upload the cfg after removing the 1st few lines. Alternatively just copy out addr/addr-group/policies and make the changes and upload the information. A FGT200E and FGT300E is not the exact same ( NP6lite, port qty, port types, PS ,etc.....)

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Get both fgts at/near the same firmware level if possible - as Bob and Ken indicated some port/interfaces may/will be different.  I would replace the top header line on a backup 200E config with one from the 300E.

Then perhaps run both configs through a text diff/compare tool - goal would be to (if needed) replace the interface names on the old config with the (new) names on the 300E config.  Process is not perfect, but it should get a config that is close to something workable on the 300E.

Next upload the revised 200E config backup copy to the 300E.  After the 300E reboots, perform on the CLI: diagnose debug config-error-log read

...to see what errors there are and edit the 200E backup config accordingly.

Keep in mind that this method is not supported by fortinet support, but there should be some old KBs or documents outlining these steps if you search for them.  If you are looking for something officially supported, perhaps try FortiConverter.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Alexander_Mueller

Hi,

FortiConvert looks nice, but I can import the Setting from the 200E and select target 300E, but in the import Windows it's only Summary avaible and no buttons for import/save

sfales

Purchase the forticonverter service.  I did that for upgrading from 200B to 200E.

Pricing was very reasonable. 

You provide existing config and FTNT engineer will convert the config to new platform for you. 

(4) - 200b' s (15) 81WiFi FAZ 400b Fmgr 100c
(4) - 200b' s (15) 81WiFi FAZ 400b Fmgr 100c
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors