Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cervenka
New Contributor

Realtime AV protection is off. Third-Party AV conflict.

Hello,

FortiClient 6.2.3.0912 on windows 10 computer is configured through EMS.

I cannot activate Real time protection. The reason is quite clearly esxplained in log:

06.02.2020 08:42:22 Information Config Third-Party AV (Trend Micro Security Agent, ) is installed. To avoid conflicts, scheduled AV scans will not be imported.
06.02.2020 08:42:22 Information Config Third-Party AV (Trend Micro Security Agent, ) is installed. To avoid conflicts, real-time AV will not be enabled.
06.02.2020 08:42:22 Error Config Error in importing module: xmlav
06.02.2020 08:42:22 Debug Config 'scan on registration' is disabled - delete 'on registration' vulnerability scan.
06.02.2020 08:42:22 Debug Config ImportConfig: tag <\forticlient_configuration\antiexploit\exclusion_applications> value is empty.

The problem is that I already uninstalled the Trend Micro Security Agent. I manually checked that all TM files are deleted from the disk. I manually checked that there are no TM keys in registry. I checked if there are some running TM services. I have several times restarted my laptop. But whetever I tried the Real time protection stays off.

Is there anything else what I can do?

Thanks!

1 Solution
cervenka
New Contributor

Problem solved with help from Fortinet Support:

To narrow down the issue, we would need you check how many antiviruses are registered with Windows Security Center. Please execute the query shown in the attached screenshot in the affected machine and sent me the result. You can download Nirsoft SimpleWMIView at [1]. [1] https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/simple_wmi_view.html

WMI Namespace: root\SecurityCenter2

WMI Class/Query: AntivirusProduct

There I could see that Trend Micro Security Agent is still registered as AV.

Using wbemtest utility with Administrator privileges I was able to delete the Trend Micro entry.

• Click the Connect button • Replace root\default with root\securitycenter2 and click Connect • You will be returned to the original screen, now click the Enum Classes button, leave the Superclass info box that appears as is (empty) and click OK • On the Query Results screen, click on Instances and delete appropriate entry • Close the Query windows and exit wbemtest reboot the box

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cervenka
New Contributor

Problem solved with help from Fortinet Support:

To narrow down the issue, we would need you check how many antiviruses are registered with Windows Security Center. Please execute the query shown in the attached screenshot in the affected machine and sent me the result. You can download Nirsoft SimpleWMIView at [1]. [1] https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/simple_wmi_view.html

WMI Namespace: root\SecurityCenter2

WMI Class/Query: AntivirusProduct

There I could see that Trend Micro Security Agent is still registered as AV.

Using wbemtest utility with Administrator privileges I was able to delete the Trend Micro entry.

• Click the Connect button • Replace root\default with root\securitycenter2 and click Connect • You will be returned to the original screen, now click the Enum Classes button, leave the Superclass info box that appears as is (empty) and click OK • On the Query Results screen, click on Instances and delete appropriate entry • Close the Query windows and exit wbemtest reboot the box

CiaranGoodwin

All of this is correct except for deleting the Superclass for Antivirus. This causes all kind of issues with Windows Virus & Threat Protection in Windows 10. The better way is to rather than clicking on Enum Class to click on Enum Instance and put in "AntivirusProduct" in the superclass. This will give you the correct list of the AV products UID's

Run the following in power shell to get the list with product names

wmic /namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 PATH AntiVirusProduct get *

Then delete the entry in wbemtest that is for your old AV product. Leaving the other entry's intact.

Then reboot and the Forticlient will activate AV and run a scan.

raito00
New Contributor

I have the same problem but with ESET

Deano_
New Contributor

I had this problem with Kaspersky Antivirus.  I uninstalled, ran their uninstaller, and still SecurityCenter2 included an entry for the product.  Support told me I'd have to work with Kaspersky.  I found the above solution on my own and it resolve the issue.

gsdtech
New Contributor

Same as Deano, uninstalled Kaspersky Enpoint Security remained in Security Center.  Here are the commands to find the product registraiton and remove it:

wmic /namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 PATH AntiVirusProduct get *

copy the Guid from the above command and paste it into the below command:

wmic /namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 PATH AntiVirusProduct WHERE instanceGuid='{0AB30972-4BAC-7BEE-CBCA-B8F9E68797D8}' DELETE

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors