Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
msopheak
New Contributor

Exising fortigate import to forti-Manager

Dear expert , i want to ask related to importing existing fortigate device which has exising policy objects and manay site to site vpn , when i try to add , it lose all config esp vpn all gone. could you help how to add existing fortigate to forti-manager without losing configuration ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

When you say you lose "config [ipsec] vpn" settings, do you mean when you turn around & install config back to that FGT?

Please state the version of your FortiManager, ADOM on the FortiManager & FortiGate. On that ADOM, have you enabled VPN Manager / Centralized VPN?

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
msopheak

Dear bro ,

Thanks for you information , i am new to forti-analyzer , when first add device to the forti-manager and push install back ,

we lose all config , i didn't do VPN manager or anything , could you please guy me or send me link , so i can follow the instruction. Thanks

chall_FTNT

If you used the Add Device wizard, it will include the Import Policy step.  Perhaps some objects or interfaces didn't import correctly.  Perhaps some interfaces aren't mapped properly.

At install time, install preview should give some clue.

If the VPN configuration being imported was once generated by VPN manager, import could be a problem.

In any case, I would highly recommend opening a support ticket to explore the details.  Usually "Add Device" and subsequent install doesn't have this sort of problem.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors