Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
podo
New Contributor

FG-100D show EXT2-fs error

Hello

I can't boot, I have reinstalled the OS,

but I still get the same error message.

What should I do?

Thank!

--------------------

FortiGate-100D (1109-01.11.2012) Ver04000009 Serial number ****** RAM activation CPU(00000106ca bfebfbff) MP initialization CPU(01000106ca bfebfbff) MP initialization CPU(02000106ca bfebfbff) MP initialization CPU(03000106ca bfebfbff) MP initialization Total RAM 2048MB Enabling cache...Done. Scanning PCI bus...Done. Allocating PCI resources...Done. Enabling PCI resources...Done. Zeroing IRQ settings...Done. Verifying PIRQ tables...Done. Boot up, boot device capacity 15272MB. Press any key to display configuration menu... ......

Reading boot image 1469371 bytes. Initializing firewall... System is starting... Formatting shared data partition ... done! Cannot mount shared data partition. EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_check_page bad entry in directory #19457 rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_check_page bad entry in directory #8193 rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0 ips load database etcids.rules error Initialize config error 200 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_check_page bad entry in directory #15361 rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_check_page bad entry in directory #6145 rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_check_page bad entry in directory #13313 rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_check_page bad entry in directory #16385 rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0 [__safe_zip_conf_file545] rename 'datatmp.gz' to 'data.configglobal_system_interface.gz' failed 5(Inputoutput error) [__safe_zip_conf_file545] rename 'datatmp.gz' to 'data.configsys_global.conf.gz' failed 5(Inputoutput error) [__safe_zip_conf_file545] rename 'datatmp.gz' to 'data.configdaemon.conf.gz' failed 5(Inputoutput error) [__safe_zip_conf_file545] rename 'datatmp.gz' to 'data.configvd_root_firewall_policy.gz' failed 5(Inputoutput error) [__safe_zip_conf_file545] rename 'datatmp.gz' to 'data.configsys_vd_root.conf.gz' failed 5(Inputoutput error)

FG100D3G12804650 login SSl Proxy CA init failed SSl Proxy CA init failed [__safe_zip_conf_file545] rename 'datatmp.gz' to 'data.configsys_vd_dmgmt-vdom.conf.gz' failed 5(Inputoutput error) EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_write_inode unable to read inode block - inode=20, block=7 EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)) ext2_write_inode unable to read inode block - inode=20, block=7

4 REPLIES 4
ShawnZA
Contributor II

Not sure if you can run this:

HQIP (Hardware Quick Inspection Package)

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD39581

Format and re-install usually solves those errors, but if the drive is bad then guess a format and re-install will not help.

ede_pfau

You can format the whole disk if you stop the boot process by hitting a key.

Beware that after formatting, all data is lost, that is: firmware image, configuration and any signature files.

As @ShawnZA mentioned, if the error is due to hardware failure, it will happen again. The only remedy for broken hardware is replacement (for which you need a valid FortiCare contract). The flash disk itself might not be socketed, as it was in older models, so you might not be able to replace it yourself.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Toshi_Esumi

For the file system errors like this, either 1) power-down (not reboot) then power it up might correct minor issues or 2) likely you need to re-format the boot disk as both ShownZA and Ede suggest. And if 2) doesn't solve, the next step is RMA. In either case, I recommend open a case at TAC right away.

HQIP ShawnZA suggests isn't so helpful for any disk format problems. It requires full loopback cable setup for all ports although if it has nothing to do with ports. TAC might recommend it when you opened a case. But generally like "diag hard deviceinfo disk", which might give you error or show you missing partitions, and some other diag commands are enough to persuade TAC to proceed to RMA without HQIP. 

Likely 2) fixes the problem, as it did many times for our 1500Ds.

podo

I tried formatting and reinstalling the OS again, but it is still the same.

It is true that I can't replace flash disk with this style. Thank you for your assistance!!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors