Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gradius85
New Contributor III

How to send Forward-Traffic logs to syslog

I currently have the 'forward-traffic' enabled; however, I am not seeing traffic items in my logs.

Is there away to send the traffic logs to syslog or do i need to use FortiAnalyzer

config log syslogd filter     set severity information     set forward-traffic enable     set local-traffic enable     set multicast-traffic enable     set sniffer-traffic enable     set anomaly enable     set voip enable     set dns enable     set ssh enable     set filter ''     set filter-type include

2 REPLIES 2
Markus
Valued Contributor

You need not only to specify the syslog filter, but also it's destination. This is done by CLI config log syslogd setting

https://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-logging-reporting-54/config-log-adva...

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
gradius85
New Contributor III

### FIX ###

After playing with the settings, 'Forward-traffic' logs are only sent via syslog when Information level is set. I was running my unit in Warning.

Turn syslog level to INFORMATION

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors