Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Martink1
New Contributor

Real server in mode maintain instead of down when health check is down

Hi, I've a FortiADC configurated for SLB. Everything works fine but i have a problem if i would use dynamic rules. There are a balance methods for dynamic load and there are a lots of health checks. But always if health check fail the node is put in down mode, even when the health check is configured in a method does not necessarily indicate that server is down. For example the real server only has a CPU at more than 80% used and my health check is configured in Mode SNMP Load less than 80%. The health check will be put a real server in down state closing all sessions established since it assumes that server is fall. But should be put in a Maintain mode, because the server only can't receive more sessions. There are any config or script where i can do that?

1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Good observation. For most health checks, if the check fails the RS fails. This does not hold true for checks against a (performance) limit. Sounds like this hadn't been thought of yet. You should file a feature request.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors