Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tdhaslett
New Contributor

Need help making this site work

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting a site to fully work for our stations that are assigned into the 'limited' web filtering policy of our FortiGate 200D that is on v6.0.8. The site is https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/bureaus/patrol/find-your-precinct.page. When you pull it up, you get a clickable map with a search function. Supposedly, it fully worked previously, and I just upgraded to v6.0.8 last week from, I think, v6.0.6 (may have been v6.0.4). I am guessing that some change in the update caused this.

When the site is viewed from within the limited policy, the page appears, but the map does not. I viewed the page in Chrome and Firefox and used the developer tools to see what sites are being resourced and have added them to the filter override to put them into an allowed category, but it is still not working. As a test, I changed the policy for these stations to 'default', and I was then able to see the map. I changed it back to 'limited', and it stopped working again, so I am sure that it is the web filter policy.

My only thought is to create a test policy for myself that matches the 'limited' policy and then enable a little at a time to see where it is getting blocked. Although, that won't tell me what URL I need to allow to get it to work.

If anyone has some insight, I'd sure appreciate it!

Tim

4 REPLIES 4
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Map is working fine for me on Chrome

tdhaslett

Yes, it works fine in both Chrome and Firefox when the filter is not blocking it.

jmezo

Are you using Deep Packet Inspection?  Have you tried customizing it by adding this site to the Exempt From SSL Inspection list?

Ever since upgrading all the way to 6.2 I've been having a ton of issues with sites not loading correctly and it's all been due to Deep Packet Inspection.  I'm about to get support on the phone and see if anyone can work with me on this.  The amount of sites I've had to add to the exempt list is getting ridiculous.  I've never had to do this before.

tdhaslett

jmezo,

Sorry for the delayed response. We were not using DPI. For whatever reason, it started working in Chrome a few days later. It still does not work in Firefox.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors