Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maiconp340
New Contributor

Unstable FortiOS 6.2.2 Version

Hello, I have a cluster of 100E Box on version 6.2.2 but I have face some problem as follow 1 - WEB GUI unstable, somtetimes it stop to work 2 - Out of Sync HA 3 - Two times the HA link went down and occurred the cluster failover So I wonder if this version 6.2 it´s an stable and recommend version. any tip about is welcome. thanks.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Try 6.2.3 then still having problems, please open a ticket with TAC to look into. We're still considering going to 6.2.3. But for now, we decided to go to 6.0.8 instead to cover those many vulnerability issues with 6.0.6.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Try 6.2.3 then still having problems, please open a ticket with TAC to look into. We're still considering going to 6.2.3. But for now, we decided to go to 6.0.8 instead to cover those many vulnerability issues with 6.0.6.

Steve_Stevenson

I wouldn't recommend any new GA release in production before at least patch 4 is out unless you want to go cutting edge.

v6.2 introduced 200+ new features and changes and you can risk to hit an unknown bug if you used it. But also the issue description is quite vague. I'm using v6.2 since the v6.2.0 GA and not having hit any of the described issues. If you can include some debug output that'd help.

Point 2 and 3 indicate potential problem with your cable/switch/l2 and not necessarily with the Forigates. There are debug commands to tell you what exactly is out of sync and that'd help again to establish the root cause.

If the Fortigates are underspecced for the load you're putting through to them than can create all the described issues including the web UI one. Have you checked the CPU/memory utilization on the boxes? Are they going to conserve mode due to running out of memory, etc.?

maiconp340

Hello, Steve I have done a HQIP test on a Fortigate box from my cluster and all it is ok.

Now I´m going do the HQIP test on the second Fortigate box from my cluster.

I want sure any hardware problem.

thanks 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors