Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ricardomaguiar
New Contributor

Fortigate 60D (FortiOS v6.0.5) - DHCP Conflict IP in Interface1

Hello, when trying to save any changes to the Interface1 screen, the DHCP server Starting IP reports Conflict IP and could not find this IP conflict in the Firewall ARP table. 
My DHCP range is large and even using a windows program called "Advanced-IP-Scanner" to scan the entire network for IPs and DNS I could not find duplicate IP.
See attached file.
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What's the interface address and subnet. You range has to fix in that network. I believe your error is the range is greater than the interface network.

You can test the error via the cli also.

homefgt (1) # show config system dhcp server edit 1 set dns-service default set default-gateway 192.168.1.99 set netmask 255.255.255.0 set interface "internal" config ip-range edit 1 set start-ip 192.168.1.110 set end-ip 192.168.1.210 next end next end

homefgt (1) # config ip-range

homefgt (ip-range) # edit 1

homefgt (1) # set end-ip 192.168.2.250

homefgt (1) # end start-ip: 192.168.1.110 and end-ip: 192.168.2.250 are not on the same subnet. object check operator error, -40, discard the setting Command fail. Return code -40

that should related to your window UI error.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

My question would be why would you have a range that large on a 60D? Sixteen 254 address subnets is a bit substantial for such a small box.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I was thinking the same exact thing also.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors