Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tjohnsonleap
New Contributor

Client systems can use VPN but Fortigate itself cannot

I'm hoping that I'm overlooking something really obvious....

I have a Fortigate 60F that has been tethered to an AWS VPC via a Transit connect gateway.  The individual computers on my LAN and WiFi can use the VPN to see the servers in the VPC perfectly.  In the VPC I have a RADIUS server that I wish to connect to the Fortigate 60F.  However, the Fortigate itself cannot use the VPN tunnel.  What am I missing?

Things I've already tried:

[ul]
  • Create static routers to the IPSec tunnels
  • Create policies that allow the LAN traffic to the remote subnets
  • Create policies that allow the internal network switch of the Fortigate 60F to the remote subnet
  • Test a policy that allows pretty much anything and everything (this was only allowed on a new network for all of 3 minutes)[/ul]

Any ideas that can point me in the right direction to use my AD and RADIUS servers that are on the other side of a VPN?

-Tor

• 2 REPLIES 2
    emnoc
    Esteemed Contributor III

Sure this is a common issue. Did you 1> create a address on the vpn interface 2> did you source the radius-server cfg to use that address

e.g

config user radius

edit "gcp-radius"

set server "10.19.11.1"

set secret ENC xxxxxxxxxx

set radius-port 1812

set auth-type auto

set source-ip 'my.address.vpn-interface'

end

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
    tjohnsonleap

We actually have narrowed the issue down to the Fortigate not being able to see *any* server on the other side of the tunnel unfortunately.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors