Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kiwi
New Contributor

want to practice VDOMs but Evaluation is limited to 1 VDOM ROOT default

Hello I am new to Fortinet world Currently interested in Fortigate / FortiManager to start with. Learning on my own. Home Lab. I want to practice VDOMs but the Evaluation is limited to 1 VDOM  ROOT default. Just need 2 VDOMs Any advise on how to workaround it for evaluation purposes? Fortinet sales/support probably won't accept a special demo copy unless you are already a customer with valid support contract

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What do you have ? have you double check the status

i.e

get system  status | grep virt

Can you post the get sys status output ?

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Kiwi
New Contributor

it shows:

Max number of virtual domains:  1

it's expected as per the FortiGate Product Matrix, the Eval version is 14 days and single VDOM (ROOT).

Tried to enable vdom from CLI or GUI but it's refused (Max=1). Same thing even with older Eval version 5

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Will the eval is to give you a taste. So you need to go back to sales and see what other option that they have. Maybe they can loan a VM with 2 vdom support, or demo the multi-vdoms.

Did you talk to sales or your partner? Nothing anybody can do here for you.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Buy a cheap Fortigate on eBay. The out of warranty units are very cheap and will give you 10 VDOMs, I believe. You may have slightly older code, but for less than $100 US, you'll have a device you can beat the crap out of.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

That might cost effective but if he wants 6.0/6.2 fortiOS Features, than I would advise not. This is why I'm getting off C models sand even Ds

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Especially when the OP wants to test with FortiManager.

Kiwi

I'll see what I can find in ebay.

Thank you all for your replies and wish you all Happy New Year.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors