Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JulJameson
New Contributor

antivirus spends a lot of my computer resources

what should I do if it is very buggy and it is impossible to work at the computer

1 REPLY 1
vcninfotech
New Contributor

Hi JulJameson There are various reasons because of which your computer can get slower. Find some reasons as below : * Running out of RAM (Random Access Memory) * Running out of disk drive storage (HDD or SSD) * Old or fragmented hard drive * Too many programs running in background * Too many programs getting loaded on startup * Old versions of Operating System & Drivers * External Hardware Devices & External Storage Devices * Malware or Viruses * Special Graphical Effects and Visual Features * Some hidden services and utilities that are running in background * Missing or unsupportable drivers * Too much Temporary Files * Overheating of the computer or processor etc. etc. I would like to know which antivirus software you are using. Further; If you have done checking with the above points and you are sure that antivirus is the root cause for slowing down your computer then you must be aware that every software has its minimum system requirement to run it seamlessly on the computer machine so as antivirus software also. Please check minimum system requirement of your antivirus software. If your computer doesn't matches the system requirement of the current antivirus then you can upgrade your computer as per your antivirus software's system requirement accordingly. If your computer is already matching the system requirement and still you are facing the issues then please check whether antivirus software is configured properly. The last option you can try is switching to any other antivirus software that consumes less system resources and provides best performance. Thanks, VCN Infotech

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors