Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JuddTracy
New Contributor

Issue with client not exempt

I am having an issue with one of our laptops not working correctly with a captive portal and exempt sources.

Background, I have a FortiWifi 90D with a FP221 attached that both cover the office.  I have a guest SSID that is open that has a captive portal for users to authenticate with and has Exempt Sources defined.  The Group that is used for the Exempt Sources has the laptop with the issues in it.  The AP is running FP221C-v6.0-build0037 and the 90D is running 6.0.5 build0268 (GA).

When the users tries to connect to the Wifi it always prompts them for the guest credentials even though the laptop is setup in a Group that is in the SSID's Exempt Sources.  I have 20 other laptops that are setup the same way and do not exhibit this behavior.  I have looked over the Custom Device definitions multiple times and have recreated it a few times too and it still does not work.  Once the laptop is connected to the SSID it shows in the logs that the Custom Device is connected, so the firewall sees the connection then, just not on initial connection.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors