Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jshields
New Contributor

FortiClient: `<show_passcode>` doesnt appear to work with SSL VPN?

My team uses an SSL-VPN exclusively with MFA where a passcode is required.  We'd like FortiClient to reflect this by display "Passcode" instead of "Password".   We're using FCT 6.2.2.0877 and EMS 6.2.2.0833

The documentation suggests this is possible: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/6.2.2/xml-reference-guide/999411/ui-settings

<show_passcode>

Display Passcode instead of Password in the Remote Access tab in FortiClient.

I've set this value, ensured the profile has applied to the client, even rebooted... and I cannot get this field to apply to an SSL-based VPN connection.  I see that IPSEC has a similar property at the connection level, but I think its safe to assume that this global property should work for all connections.

Does anyone have any insight into this? 

Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
jshields
New Contributor

For anyone that comes across this thread... I submitted a tech-support request and they confirmed that the global setting <system><ui><show_passcode>[0|1]</show_passcode></ui></system> only applies to IPSEC VPN.

(Quite discouraging, but the tech support who responded to my ticket referred me to my sales representative to submit a new feature request... which I plan to do, but that doesn't change the issue with the apparent lack of clarity in the XML documentation.)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors