Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nicky_aditera
New Contributor

Message meets Alert condition - traffic

hi all

need help, what is this message try to tell me:

date=2019-12-11 time=14:35:47 devname=MJR-IGP01 devid=FG100Dxxxxxxx logid=xxxxxxxxx type=traffic subtype=forward level=notice vd=root srcip=172.xx.xx.xxx srcport=42512 srcintf="VLAN1610" dstip=192.xxx.xxx.x dstport=53 dstintf="lan" sessionid=4252030 proto=17 action=deny policyid=0 policytype=policy dstcountry="Reserved" srccountry="Reserved" trandisp=noop service="DNS" duration=0 sentbyte=0 rcvdbyte=0 sentpkt=0 appcat="unscanned" crscore=30 craction=131072 crlevel=high

thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

You don't have a policy allowing this traffic as it is hitting your default (implicit) deny policy.  If you want it to be allowed you need to create an appropriate policy with a source interface of VLAN1610, destination interface of your LAN, and service of DNS.

nicky_aditera

Hi lobstercreed

Thank you for your reply, if I don't have a policy allowing this traffic, will it causing the internet connection issue?

thank you  

lobstercreed

I can't begin to give a definite answer to that as I have no idea what the layout of your network is or what DNS servers your clients are using, but of course blocking valid DNS traffic will cause any affected users to perceive that they "don't have internet" because they can't resolve hostnames like www.google.com etc, etc.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors