Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
atomix84
New Contributor

Help upgrade fortigate firewall

Hi all

i'm upgrading a fortigate firewall managed by a fortimanager for the first time and i need your guru help:D

I have 2 firewall 800C not in cluster firmware 5.6.8 build3659 managed by a fortimanager v5.6.4-build1678 180515.

I put all information on fortinet upgrate path and the result is this:

5.6.8    1672 5.6.11    1700

So the question is: it suggest to have 5.6.8 with built 1672 but i have(i think) a superior built 3659, so i need to skip this process and install 5.6.11 directly?

Can you link to upgrade firewall managed by a fortimanager?which is the best practice?.

Thanks a lot

Gianpiero

2 REPLIES 2
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

What I can tell you from what you posted is not so much that you have a superior build, but more a non-standard build based off of the 5.6.8 build. Usually those are installed at the time of manufacture or released by support to correct something before the next standard build is/was released publicly. I would simply follow the posted upgrade path starting with 5.6.8 ignoring the build number in your case.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I'd not recommend using 5.6.11 - it has some nasty bug in it :\

I'd upgrade to 5.6.10 first. From 5.6.10 you can go to 6.0.8 in one step accoarding to the upgrade paths.

You might - for security  - recheck this for your model in support portal.

Once you upgraded all FGT in your adom to 6.x you need to upgrade the adom in FMG too.

After that all should be working fine again.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors