Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alex_d
New Contributor

Signal Attenuation on FortiGate 900D and 1500D ports.

Hello, I am looking for a command that would allow me to see the signal attenuation on FortiGate 900D and 1500D ports. I looked in the knowledge base, but I found only articles related to an ADSL line. I watched if there were similar commands in my 900D and 1500D, but without success. Would anyone know a magic command to see this attenuation ?

Just for information, the firewalls are running in v6.0.4. Thank in advance for your help.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you looking for command to see transmit/receive optical power at a fiber SFP? If that's the case it's measured at the SFP, not at FGT itself. To read off the info from an SFP is below:

xxx-fg3 (global) # get system interface transceiver port33 Interface port33 - SFP/SFP+   Vendor Name  :            CISCO-FINISAR   Part No.     :            FTLX8571D3BCL-C   Serial No.   :            FNSXXXXXXJJ   Measurement  Unit         Value        High Alarm   High Warning Low Warning  Low Alarm   ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------   Temperature  (Celsius)     37.9         75.0         70.0          0.0         -5.0   Voltage      (Volts)       3.31         3.63         3.46         3.13         2.97   Tx Bias      (mA)          7.87        11.80        10.80         5.00         4.00   Tx Power     (dBm)         -1.9          1.7         -1.3         -7.3        -11.3   Rx Power     (dBm)         -3.3          2.0         -1.0         -9.9        -13.9     ++ : high alarm, + : high warning, - : low warning, -- : low alarm, ? : suspect. But if an SFP is defective these numbers might not be correct. Regardless, you have to hook up a light meter at the both side of the cables to determine where the power loss point.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you looking for command to see transmit/receive optical power at a fiber SFP? If that's the case it's measured at the SFP, not at FGT itself. To read off the info from an SFP is below:

xxx-fg3 (global) # get system interface transceiver port33 Interface port33 - SFP/SFP+   Vendor Name  :            CISCO-FINISAR   Part No.     :            FTLX8571D3BCL-C   Serial No.   :            FNSXXXXXXJJ   Measurement  Unit         Value        High Alarm   High Warning Low Warning  Low Alarm   ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------   Temperature  (Celsius)     37.9         75.0         70.0          0.0         -5.0   Voltage      (Volts)       3.31         3.63         3.46         3.13         2.97   Tx Bias      (mA)          7.87        11.80        10.80         5.00         4.00   Tx Power     (dBm)         -1.9          1.7         -1.3         -7.3        -11.3   Rx Power     (dBm)         -3.3          2.0         -1.0         -9.9        -13.9     ++ : high alarm, + : high warning, - : low warning, -- : low alarm, ? : suspect. But if an SFP is defective these numbers might not be correct. Regardless, you have to hook up a light meter at the both side of the cables to determine where the power loss point.

alex_d

Thank you very much for your answer.

This is the command  I was looking for.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly on the 900D: I can see the 16 "GE SFP Slots", but I don't see the 2 "10 GE SFP + Slots" (portA and portB)

Would you know a specific CLI command for the 900D?

Thank in advance.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

What kind of error do you get?  I don't expect it's different if "get sys int trans <port_name>" works at GE SFP ports. If you don't get any errors but just doesn't show those numbers, mostlikely the particular SFP+ doesn't support the feature, or defective that you might be investigating about. Again the command just read the stats off of an SFP/SFP+.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors