Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Scorp1337
New Contributor

What to do with older FortiGates?

Dear Community,

every few years we replace our FortiGates with the most recent ones. Now we have some devices left over that we don't need anymore. 

What shall we do with it? As they are still working fine I don't want to trash them.

Of course the subscription ran out... Any one interested in buying them?

I am talking about:

4x 200D

3x 300D

3x 60D

Best wishes from Berlin,

Scorpion

4 REPLIES 4
Kenundrum
Contributor III

I have handed them out to internal IT folks looking to learn for use at home or in a lab. Even a 60 series is way better than the typical home router.

We also keep a few lying around factory default-ish for impromptu swapping of dead hardware or otherwise completely unforseen circumstances. This actually has saved our butts at least once.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
Toshi_Esumi

Even 60D still have support and lots of our customers are using them in production. We still use 50B for some technical (not network related) employee's home VPN to corp network, which would last probably beyond my business lifetime here. If you just don't want to trash them, just offer them for free (except shipping cost) on-line. Many would want to have them in your country. At least I would if I were in Germany.

ede_pfau

You could donate them to a highschool (Fachhochschule) which offers IT studies. More young professionals using FTNT stuff, more appreciate it and will be available on the job market tomorrow, using or promoting FTNT equipment. So, a win-win situation both for students and employers.

Heck, even FTNT could have come up with that idea...a long time ago.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Find a re-cycler that cycle e-waste. FTNT use to give a discount on loyalty but they discontinued that a while back. I have a stack of B C models that I just flat out open up to look at or to extract CF cards to wipe or to hack.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors