Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chchrist
New Contributor

Fortigate 200E (hardware switch)

Hi all,

I need some help i.e. on Fortigate 100D i had the ability to choose "hardware switch" and connect a cisco switch which works perfectly without any issues.

Now we purchased 200E and Aruba....is any other way to connect i.e. Aruba to be connected on 200 E using Port 1.

The problem we had now is LAN1 doesn't goes up and I dont have the choice of "hardware switch" any ideas please?

1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

The brightest idea would have been to ask before purchasing. What does your FTNT partner do for you? Did you search on the forums for "200E" and "switch"?

The second brightest idea is to create a software switch. The 200E does not have the hardware chip for switching (ISF). You can do by emulating a switch in software, run on the CPU, but this will increase the CPU load, from somewhat to substantially.

Next idea would be to use a different subnet for WiFi clients and route it, thus avoiding the switch altogether.

Last idea is to ditch the old AP and go for a FortiAP, with the WiFi controller included for free and fully integrated into FOS. This doesn't even touch the switch problem you are having but it's a good idea anyway.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors