Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PersiVanHinten
New Contributor

Fortigate 30B --> license is bad

Hi!

I know our Fortigate 30B is very old and out of service but it worked very well until last week. I logged in on den control-port and after successfully booting the firewall shows that "the license is bad"? Any ideas or chances to fix that? Cant find any other reasons why the firewall doesnt work anymore. Configuration seems to be OK and hasnt change since years.

thanks!

edit: firewall didnt work since the middle of august - but i didnt recognized that...

5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you can provide a screenshot (san identifiable IP/network info) showing the error message it would be helpful. From I

Hardware-wise, those 30Bs were still supported up until this last summer, though the FortiOS support is rather limited to 4.0MR1 (until the end of support date for 4.0MR3, which is 2014-03-19).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
PersiVanHinten

Hi!

I am sorry! Wasnt able to answer before today. cant use webinterface cause every browser says that my firewall doesnt respond. But i can user PuTTy. So here is a file containing the whole "show-request". On line 20 there is the message "license is bad". Hope it helps you to help me. Thanks!

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Refresh the unit by buying a new supported unit. The thing is EoS fwiw, what are you expect anybody to do for you?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
PersiVanHinten
New Contributor

i am sorry - but i am interested WHY my firewall doesnt work anymore and i cant find a reason. Or is the reason that its out of support? if so - its very sad because my old car still runs and doesnt stop working because i get no support anymore.

It's OK that Fortinet says "we are not supporting old devices" like every other company BUT my firewall should still work until it really breaks down...

Thanks!

ede_pfau

To me this looks like a hardware problem.

Support ending doesn't have anything to do with it. You may well use a 10 year old FGT for whatever reason, it would still work if not broken, regardless of contract status.

What can you do?

Boot up, interrupt (via serial connection), format flash and reload firmware via TFTP

See what this will change.

Watch the boot up messages via console port, always.

If that doesn't revive it I'd say goodbye to it. (FWIW, I still got 2 new 30Bs laying around here...)

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors