Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JJEvans
New Contributor

Forticlient 6.0 phase out?

Hello Fotcilent users,

I would like to know more about the future of the Forticlient. I see that 6.00 is the last version and it looks like they are phasing out the client? Is that true?

6.2.2 uses EMS which requires a Windows Server.

I am just a home user with a few PC’s on their network and use Forticlient every day. I am not going to put a windows server on my network so I am wondering what are my options?

Any insight is appreciated from others.

Thank you,

Jim

7 REPLIES 7
sw2090
Honored Contributor

We still usse the 5.x Version. In later version too much other stuff was added that caused too many issues. We just need VPN and nothing more. A feature the Linux version of FortiClient btw is  missing completely :(

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Toshi_Esumi

Scroll down a little more at the download site to fine "FortiClient VPN" 6.2. This version continues to be free.

JJEvans

Are you talking about the client tools? TIA

Toshi_Esumi

Not at the support site.

https://www.forticlient.com/downloads

JJEvans

Thank you Toshi, What sucks is that is the free version which does not allow "always on". I use always on 24/7 on my connection. 

JJEvans

What does not make sense is that they support a higher version of the free client but not the paid client?

JJEvans

Question to Fortinet: Will Fortinet support 6.2 paid version of Forticlient? Again the free version does not allow "always on" this is why I ask since I use that feature 24/7. Thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors