Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zdmay
New Contributor

Apple and iTunes

How can I tell if Apple or iTunes is being blocked or slowed down? I can't seem to find anything in the logs. Every time I try to restore an iPad with iTunes, it give me a 9006 error. We have been having trouble with other Apple downloads. It seemed to have started within the past week.

4 REPLIES 4
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Use the FortiView section and drill down to the individual sessions of a device trying to connect to the services indicated.  The sessions themselves should say whether the connection was allowed or blocked and by what policy. 

Have complied a short url filter unblock list for one of our remote sites (customer requested this), but they never got back to me as to whether they had any problems afterwards.

*.apple.com *.apps.apple.com *.cdn-apple.com *.digicert.com *.entrust.net *.itunes.apple.com *.mzstatic.com *.push.apple.com *.verisign.net albert.apple.com apple.com itunes.com itunesapple.com

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
zdmay

Thank you, I will look into it.

lawrence
New Contributor

Hello, when the error 9006 occured during the process of restoring iPad via iTunes, you could have a try following ways to fix it.

1. Force restart your iPad. To force restart iPad with Home button, press down the Home and Power buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the interface.To force restart other iPad models, quickly hold and release volume up and down buttons respectively, then press the top button until the Apple logo pops up on the screen.

2. Use an ios repair tool such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to successfully resolve the iTunes error without data loss.

3. Contact Apple center for suggestionns.

zdmay
New Contributor

Thank you. We actually switched from Fortinet last year.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors