Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jou
New Contributor

Backup configuration in fortigate v6.0

Dear, I have 02 questions, I appreciate your time:

1. Can you tell by graphical interface or commands, when was the last backup in fortigate v6.0? 2. Can backups be programmed in fortigate v6.0? For example every 7 days.

6 REPLIES 6
sw2090
Honored Contributor

1. I don't think the FGT logs this anywhere

2. you cannot "program" backup on a FGT. But you can create some script and schedule it to run on your FGT. This could do a backup und place it somewhere via FTP. I saw some examples on the net.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
tioeudes

The information about the last backup you can see under the system event logs

About the schedule, someone posted a valid solution on this link below:

[link]https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=116738[/link]

Regards,

tioeudes

tioeudes

saw on the same post that you can create the scripts directly on Fortigate:

config system auto-script edit "backup" set interval (secs) set repeat () set start auto set script "execute backup config tftp config.txt x.x.x.x" next end

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

SCP and set the date-name on each dump. Been doing this for like 7 years and have 7 years of FGT backups ;)

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2015/10/fortigate-configuration-files-backups.html

Alternative, you can do the same with the API interface dump to a external repository. Take a look at the fortios ansible integration.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
namanjohnson101
New Contributor

HELLO EVERYONE,

What's the best way to use Fortimanager as kind of a "back up" system for Fortigate. So if a Fortigate dies I can re-enroll it in the same ADOM in Fortimanager and download the config to it?

THANKS

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

execute backup management-station from the cli. Keep in mind the FGTMNGR always keeps revision for changes done thru this device

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors