Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dineshkumar
New Contributor

Fortigate 4G-Huawei E8372 4G Wingle dongle modem not detected issue

Hi Team I  have a FortiGate 621B firewall with FortiOS 5.2.5 build 701 and trying to bring it up to internet link through the Huawei E8372 4G Wingle dongle based connectivity, but FortiGate has not detected the 4 g dongle. I tired with fnsys cat /proc/bus/USB/devices command to find the product id and vendor id configured in 3g-modem custom configuration. But still not able to detect the 4g dongle modem. If anyone worked on this please help.

2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
Honored Contributor

basically those usb umts modems on a FGT are a pain in the **** :(

You mostly don't know what you get inside and even if you do you cannot be sure because of vendor and product ids.

However I think I had one E8372 4G on a FGT. afair this workis like a usb ethnernet dongle. I have set it up as wwan device using config system lte-modem on cli.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
dineshkumar

Hi,

Thanks for the update, could please confirm this will work with Forti os 5.2.15  and please share me configuration template.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors