Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cpo
New Contributor

Fortimanager User

I have fortimanager 6.2.2 and trying to pass a new user created on the fortimanager to my fortigate 200E running 6.2.2.  When I go to pass the new policy to the fortigate the install wizard can't see any change.  I have no issue pushing new firewall policies to tje 200E from fortimanager.  Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
saifin
New Contributor II

Hi,

Post changing the device configuration(in this case administrator), make sure that changes reflected in fortimanager device database. Ideally device configuration status must be "modified". If the status is modified you can go to install wizard  and select the option  "install Policy package & device setting" for the installation process, then select the particular device, preview it and confirm the configuration has been ready for the installation.

Please respond if the issue still persist, or let me us know the result.

Regards,

saifin Thomas

Regards,

Saifin Thomas

Regards, Saifin Thomas
cpo
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  When I make the change in fortimanager adding or deleting users or groups fortimanager device db does not recognize a change in policy between it and the fortigate.  It does recognize it if I make a firewall or policy change.  This is a brand new fortimanager appliance and upgraded to 6.2.2 before we started doing any configuration to it.  I may be doing something wrong but I want to rule out a software bug.

Thanks for your help.

saifin
New Contributor II

Hi,

In hope in this case you are adding users and this is purely device configuration not policy or objects. Hence the changes will be reflected in fortimanager device configuration tab, not in policy package. Here you can do a best practice, Do the following steps,

-->retrieve the configuration--

-->Add the user

-->import the device

-->install the device

Note:- Use install wizard(preview is possible) and select "install Policy package & device setting" (by default it will be selected as policy package only)

If you could not resolve this again, I suggest you to perform the synchronization under TAC supervision.

Hope you will post the result here.

Thank you!

Regards,

Saifin Thomas

Regards, Saifin Thomas
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors