Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ferale
New Contributor

Forti-AP221c

Hi,

I need some help. I have received one Model/SKU: FAP-221C-E accesspoint.

I don't know anything about this product.

Is it possible to use this without a wireless controller. I read sometehing about forticloud- WLC: Can i sign up to this and use my ap in this cloud ?

I try to login in via http gui but when i enter admin as user, and leave password blank, i cant login in. just keep refreshing the screen and same login scren again. I have also reset factory default of this with paperclip in the hole on front.

Is there anyone that can guide me what i can do with this ap ?  Was thinking of using this at my home.

Thank you in advance...

kind rgds

Alexander,

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

There should be a FortiCloud key sticker on the FAP-221C with steps on how to configure/register it. If you do not have a sticker, you could try following these instructions from the Cookbook. 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
ferale

thank you for your info. No there is no sticker on thisl. So is this FortiCloud free for home users or does a FortiCloud account cost money?

I dont bother register if its not free for use, but if FortiCloud is free for homeuser then i will try it out.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Visit that link I posted - it tells you right there on the page "You can register for a free FortiCloud account at www.forticloud.com."

ferale wrote:

I dont bother register if its not free for use, but if FortiCloud is free for homeuser then i will try it out.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors