Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bascheew
New Contributor III

Bugginess with EMAC VLAN interfaces and reporting

I want to report some unusual observations regarding EMAC interfaces.  A client has 3 VDOMs and we are using EMAC VLANs to share the same internet connection across each VDOM.  Traffic is flowing fine and everything operates as expected.

[ol]
  • The first problem I noticed was with the interface bandwidth graphs on the dashboard.  The graph wasn't accurately reflecting the utilization for one of the VDOMs, so I added a graph for the parent interface and the graph showed the aggregate traffic for all 3 VDOMs and it looked accurate.  
  • The second problem was when I was running a packet capture to troubleshoot a VoIP issue.  I ran the capture on the EMAC interface and the capture only showed RTP traffic from the EMAC to the VoIP provider, but nothing in return.  I had two way audio, so I knew this wasn't possible.  I then took the capture on the parent interface and there was the return traffic.
  • Curious, I setup SNMP on both the EMAC interface and the parent interface and found the same thing there too.[/ol]

The unit is a 200E and is running 6.0.6.  Below are screenshots.  On the left a dashboard graph -- the top graph is the parent interface and the bottom is the EMAC that is being used on the VDOM where the traffic originates from.  On the right we see the same thing happening in SNMP.  In both cases I was uploading large files from the VDOM that contains the EMAC interface called WAN2.1.

Any thoughts?

• 0 REPLIES 0
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors