Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jeffersonareias
New Contributor

Link Algar configuration issue

Good morning everyone! I am having trouble configuring Algar Brasil's Internet Link. The company has passed an IP range and submask for configuration, every time I try to configure the IP on Fortinet 50e Wan 1 or Wan 2, it has no connection, an outbound firewall rule has already been made. There is some more setup that must be done for it to connect with the equipment. I'm waiting. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Fullmoon
Contributor III

how about defining static route?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
sw2090
Honored Contributor

could you provide more info please?

Do you have a router from Algar? Ist it connected to the wan you want to use? Does the port have link (it should be up when it is connected to router even without policies or routes)

the port it self I woulld configure:

Role: WAN

Mode: static

IP: <ip your ISP gave you> (if they gave you a range take one out of it but mind the netmask and dont use network or broadcast address!)/<netmask or prefix>

Since you cannot enter a gateway here you either have to have a default route pointing to the interface or if you use sdwan enter the gw into sdwan!

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors